Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Where did the last few months go....

Ahhh this last few months just flew right by as the blog slid by the wayside....but here we go to update all on our goings on....

Ava Marie Barrios was born on May 2nd 2011 at 517 P.M. 7lb 4oz and 21inches
   Aaron and I woke up bright and early Monday May 2nd 2011 to head to the hospital for our 39 week scheduled induction. We got to the hospital fashionably late at 750 am. The process got started right away...Erin Cazier our amazing nurse was on the ball from start to finish. We started the pitocin and shortly found that it made my contractions too close and too painful to continue without an epidural. Contraction I could do (I had several months of practice) but every minute or so was a bit too much. Our anesthesiologist was busy with another case in the O.R. so off went the pitocin until they were available. Roughly around 11:00 I was able to get the epidural and had my water broken. Within about an hour and a half I was 5cm and on my way to having little Ava. And two hours later sure enough I was complete and ready to start pushing. We started pushing at 4:00 pm and along came Miss Ava at 517.....during the process I got a labor infection called Chorio and had a real struggle breathing...when Ava was born they rushed her off to get her checked out do to her lack of crying and the grunting she continued to make. I was so grateful to have Erin there, I was frightened and confused when they took my little girl away and have Erin there understanding exactly how I was feeling was a great comfort. 
  Little Ava came back to me within a half an hour or so and we were able to breast feed and do skin to skin. Thank you to all of the amazing staff who helped in my delivery, who reassured and coached me and made it a great experience. ANd thank you to my amazing supportive husband Aaron and sister Shelly. I could not have done this without you! We will never forget at the end of my pushing when Shelly said, " Now I realize this isn't about me, but I feel I'm doing rather well." Shelly did unbelievably well, and when Aaron was too focused to help count she was there counting through my contractions and insuring all was well in the "netherlands" Love you Shelly! 

Mommy all sorts of swollen at the beginning of the induction
Aaron and I with little Ava once they brought her back to me
Baby Ava Marie Barrios



Little Ava was born with so much hair!
 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you put this story up, you will be too in about a year when you've forgotten most of it and are contemplating going through all that crap again. (but its so worth it!) I was cracking up about Shelly! She is hilarious, and i'm glad she was able to be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun delivery! Glad I could be there to share it with your sweet family :) I'm still laughing about what Shelly said - she is so funny!

    ReplyDelete